Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Axis Of Evil Comedy

TV TONIGHT
Comedy special
Maz Jobrani
March 10, 2007

It's finally happening. The Axis of Evil Comedy Special is airing tonight, March 10th on Comedy Central. I personally can't believe it since we've been at this thing for about 7 years. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears (or the Middle Eastern version which would be blood, sweat and cologne) to get this thing on the air. I think when we first started I was still using Drakar Noir, now I'm on my eighteenth bottle of Armani -yes, people, that's how I tell time. Anyway, tonight we will become the first Middle Eastern/American comedy show to ever air on American television (I actually didn't research this fact, but am going with the flow because it sounds good and I‚m about 99.9% sure it's true - let's just say based on the intelligence I‚ve received there could be a strong connection between the Middle East, comedy and this being the first of its kind. Now I'm starting to sound like Dick Cheney. Doh!) >>>
Please forward this to as many people as you can since we really need to have good ratings. I know that a lot of you will either watch it or Tivo it, but I'm not sure how many Middle Easterners actually have Nielson boxes. So even if 3 million of you watch we still might get a .000001rating - which would make it seem like only 3 of you watched. But the more people who get this e-mail the more our chances of reaching Nielson families and pulling good numbers.

Show Times:
Sat, Mar. 10 @ 11:00 PM EST
Tue, Mar. 13 @ 10:00 PM EDT
Wed, Mar. 14 @ 12:00 AM EDT

Speaking of good numbers, our DVD will be in stores on April 3rd. However, you can pre-order it today on Amazon.com If you think you will be buying the DVD please do pre-order since it helps show our distributor that there really is a market for this brand of comedy. The DVD actually has about 30-40 more minutes of material and behind the scenes stuff than the Comedy Central Special. And it‚s priced to go, my friend - normally$14.99, but for you only $13.49 (I swear that's really how they have it on Amazon. If you don't believe me go look for yourself I think an Iranian bazaari might be Amazon's webmaster.)


Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Special and I hope you order the DVD. Comment

No comments: