Sunday, May 20, 2007

گوشزد: خاطرات دهه شصت (Anatomy of the IRI's Reign of Terror)


گوشزد: خاطرات دهه شصت

I just stumbled upon this site and this one via sheema, accidentally and I was flabbergasted by the ghastly reign of terror of the mullahs in the 80's.

After reading these heinous and inexcusable carnage, violence and wholesale slaughter carried out on the flesh and psyche of the Iranians and the Iranian nation, I'm left with an overwhelming feeling of guilt. I left Iran before the revolution and I'm wondering why was I spared...I applaud and admire every one of you who has contributed to shed some light on the true nature of this regime. It takes a lot of courage to conjure up painful memories and I'm grateful for your brevity.

I think everyone needs to remember every detail and document it and not just for Iranians. You owe it to yourself and your children and the whole of humanity to transmit, communicate, pass on, and spread this injustice to the future generations of this planet. This was the Iranian Holocaust.. and we should never forget it not even for one day because this could happen again and it looks like it's going to very soon. It's time to speak up. Buying into this destructive advice of keeping quite for far too long will only lead to a repeat performance of the IRI and the future generations of Iranians have to once again pay steep price for your silence.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"--Attr. to Edmund Burke



We should not walk in fear, one of another. We should not be driven by fear into an age of unreason once again, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine; and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate, and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular. This is no time for men who oppose tyranny and injustice to keep silent.

We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of a humanity to abdicate his responsibilities. As a community in diaspora and as ex-pats, we have come into our full inheritance at a critical juncture in our history where all the signs indicate that another round of crimes and atrocities are about to be unleashed on the Iranian nation. We cannot wait for a saviour, We are the ones we've been waiting for. Ladies and Gentlemen, there is no one else. The recent repressive actions taken by the IR should cause alarm and dismay amongst all of us. And this time, the fault, is not in our stars, but in ourselves for not speaking up.


For my English speaking readers: I am going to translate what I've read so far as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Hi Serendip! How are you? My comp crashed and I lost everything! All my links and work I've done. Oh well! I'm so glad to have your blog linked from my blog.

It is astounding that there has not been any type of rebellion as far as a massive group retaliating on that brutal regime.

SERENDIP said...

Dear Sherry: I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm you might say so shocked by what I read just last night and I can't even begin to tell you how I feel...It's good to see you again. I'll be checking your site pretty soon.

SERENDIP said...

Sherry: This is line that might explain why that hasn't happened:

http://plateauofiran.blogspot.com/2007/05/iranian-activists-change-from-within.html