Saturday, April 05, 2008

Israel's Tehran Connection?

Israel's Tehran connectionIsrael, while supposedly observing an ironclad boycott of all things Iranian, is happily buying Iranian oil
Richard Silverstein, Guardian
April 4, 2008

If you've ever wondered about the definition of hypocrisy you'll find the answer right here.Last month the Swiss foreign minister visited Iran and, together with President Ahmadinejad, attended the signing of a multi-billion euro contract for Iran to supply Switzerland with large amounts of natural gas over the next 25 years.The US State Department immediately condemned the deal and said it would be investigating whether it breached the Iran Sanctions Act. Israel complained too, describing the Swiss minister's visit to Tehran as an "act unfriendly to Israel". Various Jewish groups also joined in the protests, including the World Jewish Congress....more

2 comments:

Winston said...

Guardian is a lying media outlet. It shouldn't be taken seriously because it has a left wing pro-regime agenda.

Rosemary Welch said...

Gosh, Winston, I've heard about this and we did condemn the deal. However I do agree that the guardian is no guardian of truth!

Hi Bereft! How are you? I pray you are well. Take care.

Oh. I have you on my list as a taggee in waiting. That means if someone should decide not to try this out for fun, I will ask you if you would like to give it a go. Can you define yourself in 6 words or less? HUH? That was my reaction! I did manage to write something, though: I've been tagged!