Monday, April 16, 2007

VIRGINIA TECH TRAGEDY- PRAYER


From McLean Bible Church in Virginia:


Most of you are probably aware of the unbelievable tragedy happening today at Virginia Tech. Many people who attend MBC have students at the school. There will be many families in total shock today. Please pray for the families of those who have lost loved ones, for those who are injured and for those who are undoubtedly very upset by this event. Let’s join together to ask God to be with those impacted by this event. Please join us tonight (Monday, April 16) for a time of prayer at McLean Bible Church at 8:00 pm in Community Room A. The prayer time will be led by John McGowan, Director of The Gathering, Frontline's ministry for college age young adults.


Please report prayer needs to prayerchain@mcleanbible.org.


Please check this page for any updates.Link to the Virginia Tech announcement


6 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Thanks for sharing this!

Rita Loca said...

I have been praying for you, how are you doing today?

Nazy said...

Serendip: Khoobi? I prayed last night, asking God to give everyone patience and peace to overcome the effects of this tragedy in whateve way they can cope with it. I asked God to help replace the hope and optimism that is vital to life, and which drains rapidly when senseless acts of violence happen. I prayed for you my sensitive and kind friend. Be good Serendip.

SERENDIP said...

Nazy Jan: You're so kind. I feel much better today. I appreciate your words of encouragement and God bless your generous spirit.

Gayle said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today, Serendip. I feel so badly for the students and their families and friends. Thank you for the prayerchain link.

Anonymous said...

Serendip. I thought I sent you this this morning. Ignore it if you have it, but I think something went wrong and it didn't reach you:

http://nazykaviani.blogspot.com/2007/04/30-living-arrows.html